Laura & Will

June 26, 2010

Laura & Will Hammond's reception was held at the Georgian Hotel, Ballroom & Palm Room on June 26, 2010. Trumps provided the delicious food and Wingate Downs was the photographer.

When I pulled up to the Georgian Hotel, I was extremely delighted to find a parking space right on Jackson Street. I was feeling like this was going to be an "easier" load-in at this venue. It didn't take long to eat my words when I discovered that the elevator was broken and would not be fixed for a few more days. Well, the show must go on. I'm sure I was a sight-to-be-seen, pulling carts up the front-entrance stairs! Despite the fairly major load-in setback, the setup, uplighting and extra-speaker were all set and ready before the first guests arrived.

Once the reception was underway, the memories of lifting speakers in the June heat quickly faded. The 3 custom edited first dances were beautiful. For the father-daughter dance, I took Georgia on my Mind - Ray Charles and You are So Beautiful to Me by Joe Cocker and spliced them together seamlessly. Maybe a pro-mashup is in the near-future ;)

After the formalities, pictures and cake-cutting, it was time for open-dancing. I tell you, that the 3 hours of dancing flew by, because the dance-floor was packed and everyone was having a blast!
Laura, Will, and their families certainly know how to party! What a wonderful reception! Enjoy a few pictures.







1 comment:

Joan said...

David,

You did a tremendous job at making the reception flow so effortlessly (little did I know about the problem with the elevator)! Thank you for making Laura and Will's reception so memorable.

Blessings,
Joan Baird (MOB)